https://autismawareness.com/wp-content/uploads/image-disabled-parking-permit-1200.jpg 1200 1200 AutismAwareness.com https://autismawareness.com/wp-content/uploads/autism-awareness-logo-340-156-300x71.png AutismAwareness.com2017-05-07 23:08:552017-05-17 02:48:22Can You Get a Handicap Parking Permit for Autism?
Can You Get a Handicap Parking Permit for Autism?
- “severely limited in the ability to walk due to an arthritic, neurological, orthopedic, or other medically disabling condition.”
In many states you also do not need a walking disability for approval.
In New York, for example, the New York DMV’s application for a Parking Permit or License Plates for Persons with Severe Disabilities reads that a person can apply under these conditions:
- Has a physical or mental impairment or condition not listed above which constitutes an equal degree of disability, and which imposes unusual hardship in the use of public transportation and prevents the person from getting around without great difficulty?
Other states have the same or similar language.
Editorial Team at AutismAwareness.com
For parents, family, friends and those with Autism, we provide information to help you put the pieces of the puzzle together.
Latest posts by AutismAwareness.com (see all)
- Learn the Love - October 5, 2017
- Can You Get a Handicap Parking Permit for Autism? - May 7, 2017
- Woodstock Chimes Autism Story - May 7, 2017